Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Detailed Peasant Top









































Shirt: Anthropologie (old) great options (here) and (here)  ||  Pants: J-Brand (here)  ||  Shoes: Steve Madden (here)  ||  Watch: Michael Kors (old) great options (here) and (here)  ||  Bangles: Forever 21 (here)  ||  Glasses: Ray-Bans (here)

Hope everyone has a wonderful Halloween weekend! Did you guys dress up?

I've never been a fan of Halloween. I don't know what it is about it. The dressing up. The crowds. The cover charges. The massive hangovers. 

So this weekend, I opted to have a couple of close friends come over to enjoy some good wine and Fall/Halloween food. I cooked braised chicken in a lemon caper wine sauce, roasted garlic green beans, smashed sweet potatoes and skinny pumpkin parfaits. We had good intentions of carving pumpkins, but the wine got the best of us...

I'm all about statement, one-of-a-kind pieces. I scored this detailed peasant top from Anthropologie last Fall. It's a basic shirt, with a twist. I love the pop of color. That's the key for when I shop. I'm always looking for that statement piece that can be transitional. This shirt could easily be paired with a lace skirt and boots. Wear under a vest or a chambray shirt. You can also pair with different color denim to transition through the seasons.

Where do you shop to find those statement pieces?

- CGMC 





2 comments:

  1. Love the shoes! And the top is darling, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Medina! I do the shoe pics just for you ;)

    ReplyDelete